Providence Health & Services Certified Medical Assistant - IHI in Missoula, Montana
Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (International Heart Institute, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Assist the providers in office procedures including EKG’s.
• Clean and maintains exam rooms.
• Take emergency action when required.
• Help cover other provider practices as needed to provide patient care. Look at office practice collectively rather than individually.
• Collect data regarding patient/family learning needs, abilities, preferences and readiness to learn.
• Obtain and record height and weight per provider preference.
• Complete accurate vital signs. Completes delegated patient care activities and records and reports variations.
• Consistently receives and gives suggestions and constructive criticism in a professional manner.
• Contribute to the assessment of the patient by collecting information for an analysis by the physician or PA.
• Demonstrate the ability to function as a member/leader of Interdisciplinary care delivery team.
• Perform phlebotomy lab draws per provider orders.
• Discuss with patients and/or family member medications, treatment instruction and follow-up management.
• Process prescription refills in timely fashion as directed by provider.
• Promptly connect referring provider to IHI providers via phone transfer or takes and delivers messages quickly, professionally and appropriately.
• Provide patient education with clear, concise, and positive approach.
• Screen and triages patient phone calls re: concerns and symptoms. Follows up with provider or provider on call depending on urgency of need. Returns call to the patient promptly with plan of care.
• Take patient histories/assessments, vital signs, fills out the medication flow sheet, assesses medication allergies/adverse reactions and anticipates the needs for that patients visit.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Active MA Certification through one of the nationally recognized MA programs: AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, or NAHP or graduate of school for MA diploma/certification from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year of experience in a physician office.
About the clinic you will serve:
Providence Medical Group includes over 30 primary care, specialty clinics and healthcare groups throughout western Montana focused on treating patients at all stages of their lives. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient - one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 244595