Providence Health & Services CT Technologist in Missoula, Montana
Providence is calling a CT Technologist (Imaging Services, Night Shift, 0.8 FTE) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position is a night shift, Wednesday thru Tuesday working 7 days on and 7 days off.
In this position you will:
• Assures outside correlating studies are available for the next day CT exam.
• Assures that the correct information is on history sheets (IV contrast, oral contrast and rectal contrast amounts).
• Checks creatinine levels on in-patients and orders creatinine labs when needed.
• Completes SCU and Neuro head CTs starting at and then proceeds with scanning enhanced scans on in-patients.
• Documents any variance from protocol due to patient condition or otherAll information including: IV rate, oral contrast, enema, patient motion, extravasation, reaction to dye, is documented.
• Finishes cases completely before taking a break or stepping out to talk to someone.
• Involves the radiologist if the patient cannot tolerate the scan.
• Loads correlating studies on PACS system.
• Pre-educates the patient and family prior to exam.
• Provides juice to in-patients.
• Puts the patient first - try to get the best possible scan that the patient can tolerate.
• Signs ED patients out and back in, in the ED chart.
• Stays in assigned work area and works with fellow technologists to complete scheduled and unscheduled exams.
• Takes blood pressure and pulse and finishes consent forms before taking the patient to the nurses area.
• Completes QA on CT machine once a week.
• Completes schedule, fills in lab work, prior studies, etc. through out the week.
• Notifies supervisor or person in charge of ordering if contrast, syringes, spiked transfer sets, etc. are low.
• Runs fast cals and warm up procedure on CT machine.
• Charges on the correct account, supplies, reformations and surgical codes.
• Completes histories on in-patient CTs from EMR.
• Follows guidelines set in your job description.
• Helps put away incoming supplies.
• Cleans out changing stalls and empty linen bags.
• Lifts arm restraints and slide along tract to their position.
• Moves them to the end of the couch when not in use.
• Keeps room stocked including: suction supplies, oxygen, IV supplies, linen, and contrast media.
• Labels exam correctly on CTs as well as PACS - includes all correct window settings or groups on PACS.
• Reads communication log and initials document that he/she has read about the changes taking place.
• Writes legibly in log book and includes all information, including: patient name, MR #, age, referring physician, date, time of exam, history, and IV contrast.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program
Licensed by the State of Montana as a Radiologic Technologist
Certified by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Computed Tomography within 6 months of hire
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate through the American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) - (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
One (1) year general radiology experience
Cath Lab or Special Procedures experience for modality of special procedures
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Ultrasound Technologist
Req ID: 241947