Providence Health & Services RN - Mental Health in Missoula, Montana
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Mental Health, Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Employs Nursing Professional Practice: Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
• Advocates: Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
• Facilitates Learning: Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
• Aligns Practice with Safety and Quality: Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
• Engages in Professional Development: Engages in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
• Leads in the Practice Setting & Community: Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency at St. Patrick Hospital
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
American Nurses Association (ANA) psychiatric certification
Psychiatric substance abuse experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Nursing
Req ID: 240300