Providence Health & Services Clinic Assistant - Family Medicine in Polson, Montana
Providence is calling a Clinic Assistant (Family Medicine, Day Shift, 1 FTE) to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Polson, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Assist the provider in office procedures which may include ECG’s, alcohol drug screen, DOT physicals, point of care lab testing, and other procedures as assigned.
• Clean and maintains exam rooms.
• Demonstrates the ability to take emergency action when required.
• Help cover other provider practices as needed to provide patient care.
• Look at office practice collectively rather than individually.
• Keep current on policies and accepts change in policies as directed.
• Obtain and record all vital signs.
• Provide patient education with clear, concise, and positive approach.
• Return patient phone calls promptly with test results and follow-up plan. Speaks clearly and provides concise information to patient.
• Screen telephone calls for referral to providers.
• Work independently with providers to maintain timely flow of patients through office.
• Accept objective suggestions for improved departmental/organizational performance.
• Report and document any unusual patient or administrative occurrence that may have an effect on the patient’s and/or staff’s well being.
• Assure correct ICD-9/10 diagnostic/HCPCS/CPT coding is used to transcribe patient diagnosis, procedures, services and supplies.
• Document appropriate information clearly, accurately, and independently in the patient's medical record.
• Oversee appointment bookings and assists with scheduling and re-scheduling of patient appointments, referrals, tests, treatments, preauthorization of services and hospital services.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Prior CNA, physician office or other clinical experience or science background
1 year of experience in a physician office
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Medical Center is a 22-bed critical access hospital in beautiful northwest Montana employing nearly 250 employees, including physicians. With expanding services, building renovations and outstanding technology, our community hospital is the heart of medical care in Polson, Montana and the large, sparsely populated surrounding area. We have close ties to St. Patrick Hospital, Providence's tertiary center located 66 miles away in Missoula.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 312201